About the role
We are an exciting and diverse business that works across a range of consumer and B2B industries, we offer an interesting and varied role for anyone joining the company. This year we were ranked in the Top 10 places to Work in the UK by the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2015, have previously been named the UK's fastest growing tech company by the Sunday Times Tech Track, and won a Queen's Award for Enterprise.
Major duties and responsibilities:
Our tech team consists of industry leading experts within the open source programming community. We pride ourselves on utilizing the latest technologies and are always at the cutting edge of the technological landscape.
- Develop internal systems, tools and websites with millions of visitors per month.
- Work as part of a motivated and focused team.
- Help to improve how the team operates through better process, best practice and feedback from stakeholders.
- Fluent in PHP or another web programming language such as Python, Ruby or Java.
- Strong database development experience in at least one of MySQL, Postgres, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Fluent in HTML and CSS.
- Web API experience with JSON and / or XML.
- Experience with JQuery and AJAX.
- Be comfortable with one of Git or SVN (preferably Git…)
- Comfortable with Linux, Apache and/or NGinx.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Picks up new skills and technologies quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- £1000 Training Budget per annum
- Unlimited Book Allowance
- Charity Days
- Free food and fruit throughout the day
- Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday - we promote a work/life balance culture
- Monthly companywide lunches
- Gaming and book clubs
- Sports clubs including Football, Running, Volleyball, Yoga and Cycling
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Family First culture
- Regular social nights out
- Trips to Ibiza for all staff on achieving annual targets